The Community Hospitals Association
Community Hospitals Association, Company Number 8469880, Registered Office: Hugmore House, Lundy Green, Hempnall, Norwich, Norfolk NR15 2NU. The Community Hospitals Association is a membership organisation and is open to Community Hospitals, individuals and organisations who are interested in furthering the aims and objectives of the organisation.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR is a new European regulation for the protection of personal data that is in force from 25 May 2018.
GDPR Privacy Notice
What personal information does Community Hospitals Association hold?
Where provided, we have the names, work addresses and email addresses of individuals who are Community Hospital Association members, applications for CHA Innovations and Best Practice Awards or those who have asked to receive the CHA newsletter.
What does the Community Hospitals Association do with the data?
We do not share the data we hold. Those opting to subscribe to the newsletter provide an email address, and we send newsletters accordingly. There is an option to unsubscribe at any time. Members provide email addresses and are contacted for the renewal of the membership of the Association.
How we collect information
We collect data in the following ways:
- From individuals who request the CHA newsletter
- From applications to become Community Hospitals Association members.
- From applications for an Innovations and Best Practice Award
Community Hospitals Association data is held in the following places:
- Our password-protected system which is only accessible to selected staff.
- Our password-protected email systems which is only accessible to selected staff.
If you do not wish us to use your data ourselves, you can:
- Request to unsubscribe via the Community Hospitals Association website
- Write to our CEO at Hugmore House, Lundy Green, Hempnall, Norwich, Norfolk NR15 2NU
- Email: email@example.com
On what basis can Community Hospitals Association data be used after 25 May 2018?
We do not use data for marketing but we process data on the legal basis of 'legitimate interest'.
- Postal communication - will remain 'opt-out' at the request of individuals
- Telephone communication - will only be used in response to request by individuals
- Email communication - will be used in response to requests and to contact members
We do not share your data with any other interested individuals without obtaining consent.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Security of your Personal Information
Community Hospitals Association secures your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
What are your rights
Under data protection laws you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include the right to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information this Privacy notice is designed to address;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you;
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
- If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- write to us (either by post or email) at Community Hospitals Association, Hugmore House, Lundy Green, Hempnall, Norwich NR15 2NU or email info@community hospitals.org.uk
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill;
- let us know the information to which your request relates; and
- we will aim to respond to you within a one-month period.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Changes to this Statement
The Community Hospitals Association will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. The Community Hospitals Association encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how the Community Hospitals Association is protecting your information.
The Community Hospitals Association welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact Community Hospitals Association at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use all reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.